Technical proposals for developing a nuclear power plant with a standardized reactor intended for new generation icebreakers and arctic ships using CAD/CAM systems
- technical proposals for developing nuclear power plants for icebreakers and arctic ships;
- concept of ship’s nuclear power plant;
- package of environment safety and anti-terror measures for nuclear ships;
- software and infoware for computer-aided design of nuclear powerplants.
Development of environment-friendly technologies and radionuclide-contaminated waste disposal systems for marine platforms and terminals
- Environment-friendly technologies to ensure safe working conditions and environmental protection during collection and disposal of waste from marine platforms and terminals contaminated with natural radionuclides.
- Prototypes of new equipment have been developed and tested.
Recommendations regarding radiation safety of crew on board of a multi-purpose dry-cargo vessel of arctic class INF-2
- Technologies and equipment for onboard treatment of liquid radioactive wastes of complex composition;
- Proposals for ensuring radiation safety of the ship crew and environment during shipment of spent nuclear fuel from Bilibinskaya Nuclear Power Plant.
Onboard radiation exposure levels for crews have been estimated with reference to accidental and normal operating conditions.
The level of radiation hazard has been determined and recommendation given to ensure radiation safety of the ship crew.
Review of experience gained from operation of marine diesel-electric powerplants and technical proposals for optimization of these installations for ships of various types
Technical proposals have been developed for optimizing diesel-electric powerplants of large-size commercial vessels including introduction of intelligent camshaftless diesel engines with computer-controlled fuel injection and valve timing.
Elaboration of technical solutions for a 6 MWe containerized nuclear module
- Concept of a low-power nuclear co-generation plant for coastal territory power supply based on a containerized reactor module.
- Chapter of Safety Justification Report on the Floating Nuclear Powerplant dealing with the analysis of hazards from environment-induced or man-made accidents for the floating power module at the site near the city of Vilyuchinsk, Kamchatka Region.
- Concept of power module including basic block diagrams of nuclear plant, design & layout solutions, hardware configurations.
- Technical solutions to ensure nuclear and radiation environment safety of the power module.
Development of technical proposals for the design of on-line diagnostic system of nuclear powerplants for prospective commercial ships
- Technologies for status diagnostics of NPP installations on board of prospective commercial ships;
- Set of trouble-shooting algorithms for nuclear reactor equipment of prospective nuclear-powered ships. On-line performance monitoring system for ship’s NPP.
Development of technical proposals regarding fuel cells of air-independent powerplant
Solutions regarding layout and configuration of fuel cells of AIP system for a small-size underwater vehicle.
Development of technical proposals regarding a water-activated back-up battery
Technical solutions to make use of an air-independent back-up electrochemical power source.
Development of integrated performance diagnostic system for marine gas-turbine engines
- Set of algorithms and software packages for on-line trouble-shooting of air-gas channel with assessment of defect development levels;
- Systems for parametric diagnostics of GTE air-gas channels (gearbox/generator module SGTG -8) have been developed, tested and accepted for commissioning including:
— GTD М75RU;
— GTD М70FRU;
— GTD Е70/8 RD.
- All three systems are integrated into the basic configuration of gas-turbine engine and shipboard electric generation plant;
- Verification of performance with realistic malfunctions on test bench;
- Checkup of service lifetime, warnings of excessive aging rates;
- Estimation of residual lifetime;
- Service status evaluation of air-gas channel and rotary gear;
- Trouble shooting and prediction of defect development;
- Compressor stall margin evaluations.
High-efficiency emergency sprinkle system for radiation control onboard of nuclear-powered ships
The technology enables:
- Confining of LOCA-type accidents (high-energy link break) to containment shell;
- Emergency pressure relief within containment shell;
- Reduction of radionuclide leakage from containment shell;
- Reduction of accidental radiation exposures of personnel and population.
The system operation is modeled using experimentally determined characteristics of sprinkles.
Technology for disposal of oxidation products from diesel fuel conversion, water chemistry control technology for conventional air-independent modular powerplants based on solid polymer fuel cells
In association with TSNII SET:
- Proposals regarding disposal of diesel fuel oxidation products;
- Proposals regarding technical water chemistry control technology for conventional air-independent modular powerplants based on solid polymer fuel cells
Review of nuclear and radiation safety at enterprises and organizations of shipbuilding industry: issues related to the past activities of nuclear and radiation hazardous facilities of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Analysis of current status and forecast of future status of nuclear and radiation hazardous facilities of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade for well-informed decisions on extending the service life or decommissioning of such facilities.
- Standard technical solutions have been developed to reflect fire protection specifics.
- Regulatory basis for nuclear and radiation safety has been elaborated.
- System for nuclear and radiation accident prevention and response has been designed for shipbuilding industry.
Scientific, information and analytical support to development of the nuclear and radiation accident prevention and response system at shipbuilding enterprises and companies of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade
An upgraded system is required for reliable control of nuclear and radiation safety.
- Structure of accident prevention and response system;
- System for acquisition, processing and analysis of data on storage and shipment of nuclear and radioactive materials and wastes;
- Method for estimation of how efficiently the funds allocated by the budget are spent to provide for prevention and response to nuclear and radiation accidents as well as radioactive waste treatment.
Regulatory and methodological support for maintaining nuclear and radiation safety of industries and facilities using atomic energy
- Guidelines on nuclear and radiation safety for relevant enterprises and organizations of shipbuilding industry;
- Guidelines on nuclear and radiation safety certification of personnel at enterprises and organizations of shipbuilding industry dealing with nuclear energy;
- Guidelines on storage and shipment of fresh fuel for nuclear reactors;
- Nuclear safety manuals: contents and formats;
- Practical recommendations.
Investigation of nuclear accidents and emergencies at enterprises of shipbuilding industry.
- Analysis of accidents induced by external effects on the multi-purpose nuclear icebreaker Project 22220 and appraisal of consequences for NPP safety justification report, for Iceberg Design Bureau;
- Analysis of accidents with the floating power module, Project 20870, initiated by external events for NPP safety justification report, for Atomenergo;
- R&D Project «Technical proposals for development of NPP with a standardized reactor intended for new generation icebreakers and arctic ships using CAD system», for JSC Afrikantov Experimental Design Bureau for Mechanical Engineering;
- Analysis of nuclear and radiation safety at Sevmash, Zvezdochka, DVZ Zvezda, Amur Shipyard;
- Study on corrosion of refractory alloys for advanced aircraft gas turbine engines at gas dynamic test rig in modeled marine operating environment, for CRISM Prometey.
Development of :
- Technical safety justification of nuclear powerplants for SSBN Borey (customer CDB ME RUBIN) and SSN Yasen (customer SPBM MALACHITE).
- Technical proposals regarding advanced powerplants for underwater robots intended for Shelf exploration (customer: JSC Concern Sea Underwater Weapon — Gidropribor).
- Technical proposals regarding back-up chemical fuel cell power supply for underwater vehicle with 10000m diving depth (customer JSC Concern Sea Underwater Weapon — Gidropribor).
- Useful model «Automated on-line radiation monitoring system for pipelines and equipment of offshore platforms and terminals». Patent certificate No. 115080 dated 20.04.2012 (customer: Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation);
- Useful model «Filter» (customer Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation);
- Useful model «Conditioning unit for high-salt low-level liquid radioactive wastes»
- Trade secret (know-how) " Waste treatment technology for offshore platforms and terminals contaminated with natural radionuclides» (customer: Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation);
- Trade secret (know-how) «Cementing technology for high-salt low-level liquid radioactive wastes» (customer: Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation);
- Useful model «Portable system for internal chemical cleaning of pipelines and equipment onboard oil & gas offshore platforms and terminals against salting contaminated with natural radionuclides as well as collection and recycling of generated liquid radioactive wastes» (customer: Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation).